Responsible for organizing and administering the annual Chapter Golf Outing. Proceeds benefit the Education Scholarship Fund.
To organize an annual golf outing and to promote fellowship and fun, while raising funds for the chapter's scholarship program.
Activities and Tasks
Click here to join a committee
- Set Date: The date for the annual Golf Outing is usually scheduled in May/June and has traditionally been structured as a “Shot Gun” Scramble.
- Develop Budget to generate support to meet scholarship budget.
- Review Possible Golf Course Options: the committee researches courses in the DFW area to consider their pricing, availability and venues.
- Contract with Chosen Course/Venue & Finalize Budget.
- Approach Membership about Sponsorship Opportunities: Committee sells sponsorships to subsidize the event.
- Register Golfers: Via snail mail, email and webpage.
- On Course Events: Organize any contests or mulligan sales as the committee sees fit.
- Develop Foursomes and Organize Day-Of Activities: Pair up single golfers with teams and select holes for Games/Events. Also arrange prizes for various games.
- Confirm Volunteers: Sponsors have traditionally provided their own employees as volunteers. If we need additional people, the committee typically works within the membership to provide them.
- Work with Course to Confirm Event Details: Including lunch/dinner, registration, bag drop and on-course games/events.
- Run a Fantastic Event!