Responsible for chapter programs, this committee convenes as needed to develop the programming for the next program year. (The Program Committee also includes the CFPOTY Committee and Golf Committee.)
Activities and Tasks
Annual Planning Meeting: meet in March to brainstorm and narrow topics for at least six monthly programs. Set additional meetings as necessary. Work with other committees (education, social, scholarship and golf) to prevent event conflicts, incorporate additional marketing per Board of Director's e.g., PowerPoint presentations, CFMA Awareness Month, etc.
Program Leads: secure volunteer lead for each program who will arrange for speaker(s) and narrow down program content. Event planning form to chair 5 weeks prior to event.
- Posting events and their details to the Chapter website calendar
- Table cards -- work with Membership Committee to order
- Announcement/introduction at prior month's program
- Email blasts (Chapter administrator to draft event flyer from event planning form for review by Program Committee Chairperson(s) and Chapter President)
Venue Selection: select venue(s) determining the best location and value for Chapter members. Consideration is to be given to location, availability, menu and minimum requirements. The Chairperson is also responsible for the following:
- Contract to be completed, signed and payment deposit to be communicated to Chapter Treasurer
- Menus selection based on banquet hall requirements
- Final headcount communicated to banquet hall based on requirements.
Event: Program lead and Chair confirm with presenters 1 week in advance of event to ensure all details are complete and any needs were addressed on the event planning form. Coordinate with President event agenda. Chair will send thank you email or letter after the program.
Co-sponsorship: Give consideration to co-sponsoring events with other organizations and CFMA chapters.
Event Sponsorship: Committee should give consideration to event sponsorship if appropriate.
CPE Credit: Committee responsible for advertising CPE credits, producing certificates and ensuring documentation requirements are met. Most of this is done by the chapter administrator.